If you have had a heart attack or heart surgery, cardiac rehabilitation gives you and your family the information, support and advice you need to get you back on your feet again.
Cardiac rehabilitation is a programme of exercise and information sessions that help you get back to everyday life as quickly as possible. It aims to help you:
• understand your condition
• recover from your surgery or heart attack
• make changes to your lifestyle that will help improve your heart health
• reduce the risk of a heart attack.
Who is it for?
Cardiac rehabilitation is available to anyone who has had:
• a heart attack
• a coronary angioplasty
• heart surgery
Cardiac rehabilitation programmes can also help some people who have angina or heart failure.
When do I start Cardiac Rehabilitation?
Cardiac rehabilitation starts as soon as you go into hospital for your angioplasty or surgery. You should also be invited to join a cardiac rehabilitation programme starting about four to eight weeks after you leave hospital.
Progression Fit specialises in Phase 4 Cardiac Rehabilitation starting about four to eight weeks after you leave hospital. At Progression Fit Cardiac Rehabilitation we offer a unique personalised cardiac rehabilitation programme.
We offer Individual and Group rehabilitation sessions with our qualified (BACRP) phase IV instructor using the latest guidance from the British Association of Cardiac Prevention and Rehabilitation (BACPR) to ensure all exercises we teach are both safe and effective for those with heart conditions.
These sessions can run from a private gym or in the comfort of your own home.
Phase 4 Cardiac Rehabilitation is relevant for:
- Anyone who has had a hospital intervention for a cardiac condition and who has completed Phase 3 Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Anyone who has a stable form of cardiovascular disease and who is referred to us by the hospital, GP or another Phase 4 Cardiac Rehabilitation instructor
For more information or to book a consultation with our Cardiac Rehabilitation specialist please email: email@example.com or call +44 (0)7764 499 236