Massage & Facials
However varied or active your lifestyle in Chamonix, a sports massage can help relieve soft tissue tension and dysfunction. Sports massage helps enhance flexibility, stimulate circulation and lymphatic drainage, break down scar tissue, eliminate toxins, helps prevent injury and speed up recovery. Pre or post Event or general aches and pains our sports massage treatment will be tailored to your individual requirements and current stage of training or competing. Whatever your sport, a sports massage is sure to help you get the most from your active lifestyle and perform at your best!
Sports massage includes a combination of techniques:
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Muscle Energy Techniques
- Soft Tissue Release
- Neuromuscular Techniques
- Flexibility Assessment
- Postural Assessment
- Increase co ordination and range of movement
- Decrease Pain and neuromuscular excitability
- Facilitate healing and stimulates circulation
- Restore joint mobility and removes lactic acid
- Alleviate muscle cramps and Increase blood flow
- Stretching scar tissue
Indian Head Massage
45 mins / 60 mins
Indian head massage is a traditional Indian technique of treating the Upper back, neck, shoulders, face and scalp through massage. Indian head massage works on both a physical and psychological level and the techniques used represent a de-stressing programme for the whole body. By massaging the head and shoulders energies will become rebalanced and a feeling of relaxation for the whole body will be achieved.
Treatment is carried out to the upper back, shoulders, upper arms, neck and scalp and face. The treatment is usually carried out seated and can be fully clothed if preferred. The use of oils on the scalp is optional.
Indian head massage improves blood flow to the head and neck which increases the distribution of nutrients to encourage healing within the whole body. Indian head massage can:
- Relieve eyestrain and headaches
- Relieve physical and mental fatigue
- Improve joint mobility to head, neck and shoulders
- Relieve stress and anxiety
- Relieves muscular tension and improves concentration
- Renewed energy and promotes better sleep
As well as being a relaxing experience, Indian head massage can also be an invigorating and refreshing experience, bringing feelings of Balance, Peace and Calm leaving you feeling revitalised following treatment.
Hot Stones Massage
Hot stone massage is a truly indulgent treatment increasing your sense of relaxation and calm. Hot stones are coated in fragrant oil which is smoothed gently onto your body, and each stone in turn is worked by your therapist’s hands. Heat relaxes your body in a short space of time, so your therapist can focus on a deep working of the tissues using both hot stones and hand strokes. The perfect antidote for tired, aching legs after a hard day on the slopes of Chamonix. This invigorating, pampering treatment will put the bounce back in your step and revive your legs for the next days skiing. You’ll be floating on air!
Deep Tissue Massage
45 mins / 60 mins
Deep Tissue Massage aims to release persistent patterns of tension in your body, employing deeper, more focused pressure to tackle those achy and knotted areas in deeper layers of muscle tissue. Chronic tension is released through slow, deep gliding pressure along or across muscle fibres, tendons and fascia, breaking up adhesions caused by micro-scarring or injury. The purpose is to ‘unstick’ and loosen knotted muscles while releasing deeply-held patterns of tension. Deep tissue massage techniques increase blood and oxygen flow to tissues, keeping muscles supple. Elbows, forearms and thumbs are often used to apply pressure and manipulate muscle tissue rather than the fingers and flat hands. This treatment is still very relaxing and plenty of soothing techniques are included to provide the perfect balance. Deep Tissue Massage is a focused treatment which works deeply into muscle tissue and benefits include:
- Encourages deep relaxation; relieves chronic muscular stress and tension
- Increases flexibility of soft tissue areas; loosens ‘stuck’ muscle fibres
- Relieves pain and restores mobility.
- Improves Circulation increasing blood flow to the tissues which replenishes oxygen and nutrient levels
- Aids the removal of waste products by assisting the lymphatic system
- Clears nerve pathways, relieves compression on the nerves
- Breaks down adhesions between muscle fibres and reduces muscle spasm
- Encourages good posture by relaxing skeletal muscle
- Removes toxins in sore and strained muscles, strengthens and heals muscles
So if you have general aches and pains, muscle soreness or stiffness, are recovering from an injury, training for an event. A deep tissue massage will be tailored to your own body needs, whether its legs, back, shoulders or neck. You will feel Invigorated, energised and revitalised.